WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE
See the Poster Balancing Our Minds.pdf
The event will take place on Thursday, May 4th at the Q Centre in Westshore. We expect that over 500 high school students from SD 61, 62, 63, and 64 will come together for an exciting day of learning and dialogue about mental health and mental wellness! Please see the attached poster for further information on the event.
DETAILS FOR SD 61
· This free event is open to students from grade 9-12 and adult chaperones
· Learning Support will provide the cost of one TTOC per school (the code will be provided when you register)
· Each secondary school has access to 40 free tickets (including adults)
· You will register your students as a group (you do not need to register each student individually)
· Participants are required to bring their own food and beverages for the day (some snacks will be available)
· Wilson's Transportation will be providing bussing to and from the event (you are welcome to arrange your own transportation if it is more convenient for you)
TRANSPORTATION TO THE EVENT
Students and chaperones will meet at the Board Office no later than 8:15am and busses will depart for the Q Centre at 8:30am.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE EVENT
Busses will leave the Q Centre after the event at 2:15 and arrive at the Board Office at approximately 3pm
CLUBS/CLASSES THAT MAY BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE EVENT
· Community Leadership
· School Leadership
· Gender and Sexuality Alliance
· Youth Creating Inclusion
· Student Mental Health groups
· Me to We
· Student Council
· 100 Teens Who Care
· Support and Empowerment
· Planning 10
· Psychology Class
· Physical Education Class
· Social Justice
· Personal Development
We aim for this to be a Toward Zero Waste event. You can assist us in reaching our waste diversion goals by bringing a water bottle, a low waste lunch and utilizing the recycling and composting on site.
We look forward to providing your students with a day of meaningful dialogue, learning and fun!
CRD Planning Committee
Greater Victoria School District
Healthy, Safe and Caring Schools Program
Vision: Every school will exemplify a culture in which the health of the body, mind, heart and spirit is valued, taught and embedded into the daily school operation.
Mission: To strengthen the capacity of schools to enhance the health and well-being of their school community.